DBS&A’s professionals can create and present a short course or workshop for your organization’s members. Past workshops include:
- “Water Well and Recharge Workshop” for Water Utilities.
- “Water Balance Covers for Landfills, Waste Repositories and Mine Waste: Design, Modeling, Construction, and Monitoring” for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- “Technology Symposium on Water Reuse and Advanced Water Treatment Technologies” with Air Products.
- “Evapotranspiration Covers: Assessment and Design Techniques” with PhytoLink Australia Pty. Ltd.
- “The Art of Water Supply” (An introduction to the science, engineering, and other components involved in identifying, developing, and securing our clients’ future water supply. Designed for managers and operators from municipalities, water districts, and public utilities, and previously presented to New Mexico Office of the State Engineer and the New Mexico Finance Authority.)
- “Rural Water Workshop” for the New Mexico Rural Water Association.
- “Principles of Vadose Zone Hydrology” for various organizations.
In addition, DBS&A professionals frequently present at conferences hosted by organizations such as:
- American Water Resources Association
- American Water Works Association
- Rocky Mountain Water Environment Association
- American Institute of Professional Geologists
- American Planning Association
- National Ground Water Association
- International Network of Environmental Forensics
- Soil Science Society of America
DBS&A is also pleased to offer training for water systems operators, board members, and water sample technicians throughout New Mexico, for credit. Training can be customized or developed for specific needs. Topics include:
- Low Cost Nutrient Removal for Wastewater Operators (15 credits/2 days)
- Plans Preparation: Emergency Response, Operations and Distribution System Sampling Plans (6.0 credits)
- Water Loss Audits (6.0 credits)
- Water System Sampler Technician I and II (6.5 credits)
- Operator Math (6.0 credits)
- Pumps & Motors (6.0 credits)
- Chlorine Contact Time (6.0 credits)
- Advanced Water Treatment (6.0 credits)
- Revised Total Coliform Rule (8.0 credits)
- Groundwater Hydrology Wells, Pumps & Motors, & Disinfection System Maintenance (6.0 credits)
- Understanding Water System Disinfection (6.0 credits)
- Water Chemistry/ SDWA Regulations/ Breakpoint Chlorination (6.0 credits)
- Distribution System Maintenance (6.0 credits)
If you are interested in DBS&A presenting a short course or workshop, please contact:
Janet Wolfe, CPSM