Daniel B. Stephens & Associates, Inc. (DBS&A) provides multidisciplinary geologic, engineering, water, and environmental consulting. Particular areas of groundwater and surface water hydrology, and soil science expertise include:
- Hydrogeologic investigations
- Water resources planning and development
- Studies of contaminant transport in soil and groundwater
- Numerical modeling
- Investigation and remediation of soil and groundwater
- Design of water and environmental infrastructure
- Custom solutions for data management and mapping
- Technical support for environmental and water resource disputes
- Soil hydrologic properties and geotechnical testing
As wholly owned subsidiaries of Geo-Logic Associates, DBS&A, Clear Creek Associates, Geo-Logic Peru, Kunkel Engineering Group, Summit Water Resources, and The MINES Group, are 300 employees strong in 27 offices in the U.S. and abroad. We provide solutions to challenges for landfills, mines, contaminated sites, municipal projects, natural resources, and water resources.
How it started…
In 1986, Dan Stephens left his position as Chairman of the Geosciences Department at New Mexico Institute for Mining and Technology (New Mexico Tech) to apply his expertise in hydrogeology to public and private-sector clients who were facing challenges in complying with tough, new environmental regulations. Since then, our growing team of professionals has built on the qualities of expertise, innovation, and tenacity that Dr. Stephens brought to his work. Thirty years later, DBS&A has matured to a $17-million corporation with seven offices in California, New Mexico, Colorado, and Texas. In 2015, DBS&A joined forces with Geo-Logic Associates (GLA). Now, GLA has 27 offices and more than 300 employees. Other Geo-Logic companies include Clear Creek Associates, Geo-Logic Peru, Kunkel Engineering Group, Summit Water Resources, and The MINES Group.