What is GLA-Data?
Since 2007, DBS&A has been a leader in the development of environmental database management systems (DBMS or DMS). Our developers have continuously enhanced our systems, incorporating new technology to meet clients’ evolving needs. The current generation, GLA-Data*, is a comprehensive, web-accessible DBMS developed by DBS&A to store, visualize, map, manage, and report environmental data. GLA-Data helps our clients make vast amounts of technical data readily accessible and easy to analyze.
GLA-Data now serves more than 20 clients across the western U.S. Key features include:
- Dashboard style user interface through a web browser
- Map-based geographic information system (GIS) integration
- Interactive data visualization tools
- Automated reporting capabilities
- Multiple data export options
- Tiered login credentials for enhanced security
- 24/7 downtime monitoring and routine security updates and backups
GLA-Data is intuitive and user-friendly. New applications based on our existing platform can be rolled out quickly at a reasonable cost.
GLA-Data uses a MS SQL Server relational database back-end accessed using a .NET 4.5 (C#) server-side scripting engine for dynamically-generated front-end webpages. Web application and data reside within a secure Cloud Service or behind DBS&A’s firewalled servers that are backed up daily with industry standard monthly operating system security updates.
The following GLA-Data DMS applications were developed in compliance with California’s Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), and are active and accessible to the public:
Fillmore and Piru Groundwater Basins GLA-Data site
Owens Valley Groundwater Basin GLA-Data site
Sierra Valley Groundwater Basin GLA-Data site
Big Valley (Lake County) Groundwater Basin GLA-Data site
* GLA-Data was named in recognition of the research and development investment made by our parent company, Geo-Logic Associates (GLA).