Over our nearly 40-year history, DBS&A has been recognized by a variety of organizations.
Dan Stephens, PhD, PHG, PG (Principal Hydrologist/Chairman of the Board) was elected to become a member of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE): 2019; received the Keith E. Anderson Award for outstanding contributions to the National Ground Water Association (NGWA); recognized by the New Mexico Business Weekly as a Who’s Who in Technology Honoree: 2010; and awarded the University of Arizona Alumni Association’s Sydney S. Woods Alumni Service Award: 2004
Kelly Jayne, PE, CFM, was named to the Top 20 Under 40 List by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Southwest: 2014
National Ground Water Association’s Outstanding Ground Water Supply Project for the:
- Hopi CARES Water Supply Project: 2022
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority’s Drinking Water Treatment Plant Large-Scale Recharge Project: 2020
- City of Amarillo’s Potter County Well Field Project to develop a long-term water supply in drought-stricken West Texas: 2011
Environmental Business Journal (EBJ) Business Achievement Award, Project Merit: Water/Wastewater for the Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority’s Bear Canyon Recharge Demonstration Project: 2009
New Mexico Chapter of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) Engineering Excellence Award for the:
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority’s Webster Well 1 Aquifer Storage and Recovery Retrofit (Water Resources Category)
- State Lead Remediation Services performed at the Santa Fe County Judicial Complex (Environmental Category and Best Display Panel Category)
- City of Amarillo Potter Well Field Development Project (Studies, Research, and Consulting Category)
- A-1 Auto Repair Underground Storage Tank (UST) Site Remediation project and the Bear Canyon Recharge Demonstration project
- Capillary Barrier Design Studies project
Environmental Achievement Award for City of Poplar Well Threat Plume Capture and Remediation Team, U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI)
In 2020, the National Ground Water Association presented DBS&A with the award for Outstanding Ground Water Supply Project for the Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority’s Drinking Water Treatment Plant Large-Scale Recharge Project.
ENR Top 500 Design Firms (as subsidiary of Geo-Logic Associates)
ENR Southwest Region Top Design Firms (as subsidiary of Geo-Logic Associates)
ENR California Region Top Design Firms (as subsidiary of Geo-Logic Associates)
ENR Top 200 Environmental Firms (as subsidiary of Geo-Logic Associates)
Albuquerque Business First Engineering Firms; Environmental & Ecological Services Companies; Private Companies
Austin Business Journal Top Environmental Consulting Firms
New Mexico Flying 40 Award presented by Technology Ventures Corporation for being one of the fastest-growing technology companies in New Mexico
Hot Firm List of fastest-growing A/E and environmental consulting firms in the U.S. and Canada, ZweigWhite’s The Zweig Letter
Fastest-Growing Companies in NM, New Mexico Business Weekly
Top NM Technology Companies, New Mexico Business Weekly
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Patent No. 6,749,368, 2004, Design monitoring and control of soil carburetors for degradation of volatile compounds.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Patent No. 6,467,994 B1, 2002, Apparatus and method for beneficial use or handling of run-off or collected water.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Patent No. 6,139,221, 2000, Constant hydraulic head moat and method for controlling regional ground water flow.