The American Ground Water Trust (AGWT) problem assessment and treatment strategies workshop will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico on July 24, 2019. The conference will focus on New Mexico Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) and other emerging contaminants.
Gregory Schnaar, Ph.D., P.G., Principal Hydrogeologist, will present on PFAS: Wide-Ranging Sources and Impacts to Water Supplies.
Click here to learn more about the event topics, which will discuss:
- Legal basis for regulatory intervention
- Water quality sampling and analysis challenges
- Extent of contamination by PFAS compounds in the U.S.
- Economic effects of impacted groundwater on end-users and utilities
- Summary of latest research findings on health and environmental impacts
- Legal remedies for recovering treatment costs by utilities and water agencies
- Equipment options for removal of perfluorinated compounds from groundwater
- Microplastics in Groundwater, Carriers of Persistent Pollutants including PFAS